Monday, October 11, 2010

Need Not Explain? Need To?

A dear one posted a new status in Facebook.

I hate to explain because people might judge if you don't pick the right words that they want to hear.‌

Since I'm such a fan of his wall, I couldn't help but comment, "For me it depends. =D"

And I was surprised by his answer, "Habang tumatagal ako sa mundong 'to, dalawang sagot na lang ang alam ko. oo at hindi. walang 'ewan', walang 'it depends'."

That got me thinking... Baket ako it depends? Baket sya, with conviction, yes or no lang? Where does the difference lie?

I'm not quite certain that I fully understand why his view is like that. I'm sure, some other time, I'll get to understand it. But at this moment, I can only expound on my take.

If the person seeking explanation is, in my opinion, someone who doesn't pass judgment easily, I will explain fully. If not, I won't explain in detail. Or sometimes, I won't explain at all. Or sometimes, it depends on my mood. Yeeeeah, may ganon. =)

I am careful in choosing my words. I've learned the hard way that in telling something, I need to choose my words really really well. Because, one, they may pass judgment even if they haven't heard the full story yet, two, even if they have heard the full story, they may take it differently, and three, they equate you with your words.

So there, IT DEPENDS. How about you? Share your two cents. =)


2 comments:

Ed said...

Ang bilis ng utak mo teh. :))

REICH DE VERA said...

Naman! =) Hahaha! =) Na-challenge ako sa status and replies mo eh. =D